High Court judge dismisses appeal by man barred from contacting sons' school

A man barred from contacting his sons' school has lost the latest round of a court fight

 

The man, who is separated from the boys' mother, had been ordered to stay away from the school by a family court judge who concluded he had been a "nuisance".

A High Court judge has now dismissed an appeal.

Mr Justice Baker analysed the appeal in a public hearing at the Family Division of the High Court in London, and has announced his decision.

He said the boys could not be identified.

The man said he had not been a nuisance and had only written to the school once to ask questions under freedom of information legislation.

He had wept as he told Mr Justice Baker: "I'd like to be able to go to sports days. I'd like to be able to talk to teachers about how they are doing. Just normal stuff that dads do."

Mr Justice Baker said the man had made a request asking for six pieces of information, including about social worker involvement, discussions with local authority solicitors, and "all information about myself".

He had also wanted notes and emails.

Mr Justice Baker said the detail of the man's request provided an insight into the family court judge's concerns.

He said the family court judge did nothing wrong in barring the man from contacting the school.

Hide comments (0)

Comments

  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Wednesday, 18 September 2019

PLEASE NOTE: If you have a specific question for DAD.info or for other dads, please post it on our Forum.

We may use your email address to respond to you about your comment. View our Privacy Policy for more details.