How to teach your children the value of money
Gimi is a free pocket money app and chores manager that exists to help parents teach kids as young as six how to earn, save, and manage their money.
Previously, parents might have taught their kids how to manage money through chores charts stuck on the fridge or piggy banks but with cash disappearing from everyday life, it’s important kids learn how to handle digital money from the get-go. Research shows this can't be done in the classroom, it's actually best achieved through practice with parents.
Philip Haglund is a professional footballer in Sweden, he created Gimi to teach kids as young as six how to earn, save and manage their money. The app, which is completely free and does not require a bank account to use, is available on iOS (link to download, here) and Android (link to download, here).
Using Gimi, parents can:
- Set-up a weekly or monthly allowance for their child
- Set chores for their children to earn additional money (children can also suggest chores to them too!)
- And, create savings… all whilst teaching kids about interest rates (and, if necessary, overdrafts)
In turn, kids are able to:
- Track the money they’ve earned through good behaviour, jobs completed around the house, goals you set around their school work, anything a parent likes
- Set-up dream buys (such as a skateboard) and monitor how long it takes to get there
As a charity, it takes a lot of effort to keep DAD.info up-to-date and relevant.If you feel that we've helped you in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 70070*
*Your donation via text may be eligible for Gift Aid. You may be contacted on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page to submit your details, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.
10 January 2019
Fever and pain in children can lead to lost or disrupted sleep
- Latest News
Days Out for You
10 January 2019
The Adventure Travel Show 2019