Keep your Wallet as Fat as the Goose this Christmas
Keep your wallet as fat as the goose this Christmas with our money saving present ideas
Christmas is fast approaching; the geese are getting fat... our thoughts turn to presents... Arrrgghh where to begin??!
As we all know Christmas can be hard on a tight budget and trying to find the right gift can be a headache and a large expense.
Hampers are a good way of tailoring the gift to the individual without breaking the bank. Especially if you plan them around supermarket BOGOF ( buy one get one free) offers, you get two presents for the price of one.
We have put together some ideas below - but you can be as creative as you like!! Share your ideas with us via the forum.
- A selection of speciality coffees with a personal coffee cup
- Teacup with a selection of herbal teas for the hippy chick
- A selection of special sparkling ciders (try saying that after a couple)
- Basket filled with deli cheese and homemade chutney for uncle Dave
- Homemade bread in a pretty basket filled with special jams - ideal for Gran
- An assortment of chocolate bars tied with a ribbon for the chocoholic
- Packets of muffin mixes with chocolate chips and a muffin baking tray
- A basket filled with a bottle of wine and glasses for the connoisseur
- Deck of cards and magic book to keep the family entertained on Boxing day
- Gel pens and pretty stationery
- Decorative napkins and napkin rings
- Decorative glass filled with sweets
- Nail manicure set
- Pretty box for keepsakes
- Special soaps
- Make up gift set
- Car polishing set for dad
- Herbs and Spices for the master chef
- Homemade sauces and chutneys
- Pepper mill and fresh peppercorns or - not for the faint hearted, you could include some hot chilli oils!
It you are a little artier, try something more creative. Be careful though, because if you’re no Van Gogh or Jamie Oliver it could go horribly wrong and turn into a primary school project!
- Craft supplies
- Photo album, hand decorated is even better
- Favourite quote embroidered on a nice handkerchief
- Baking cookies
- Picture frames with that favourite photo
- Make your own Christmas tipple - Wines, Beers or Cider
If none of the above hit the spot don’t forget there are always the good old vouchers, this time with a twist
- Cinema and theatre vouchers
- Magazine subscription
- Family Vouchers - for example you could design and make a voucher exchangable for babysitting, dog walking, gardening
- i-tunes Voucher
- High street store vouchers
30 September 2020
The Science of Babywearing
28 September 2020
Covid at College: How to support a self-isolating student
Your child's health
17 September 2020
Jesy Nelson's Panic Attack - Would YOU spot the signs?