Quick Valentine's Day Recipe: Celeriac and Blue Cheese Soufflés
It's not too late to whip up a romantic dinner tonight to wow your Valentine. Waitrose.com has a great selection of quick and easy treats, including these speedy-to-make soufflés...
- Small knob of butter, for greasing
- 500g celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 150g blue cheese such as Stilton, Roquefort or Gorgonzola
- 4 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, separated
- Green salad, to serve
- Serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Lightly grease 4 x 250ml individual ramekin dishes.
2. Place the celeriac in a steamer set over a pan of gently simmering water. Cover and steam for about 8 minutes until very tender when pierced with a knife.
3. Place the cooked celeriac in a food processor with the crème fraîche and blue cheese and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric hand whisk until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, lightly fold the egg whites into the celeriac mixture until well combined.
5. Spoon into the prepared dishes and cook for 20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve swiftly with salad on the side.
These freeze well once cooked. Leave to cool completely, turn out of the ramekins, pack into bags then label and freeze for up to three months. To reheat, thaw completely and bake for 10–12 minutes at 180°C, gas mark 4 until piping hot.
For more Valentine's Day recipes, go to Waitrose.com
As a charity, it takes a lot of effort to keep DAD.info up-to-date and relevant.If you feel that we've helped you in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 70070*
*Your donation via text may be eligible for Gift Aid. You may be contacted on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page to submit your details, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.