RECIPE: Choccy biccy semifreddo
Fancy a naughty treat? Your wish is our command...
3 eggs, separated
150g caster sugar
500ml double cream
200g Choco Leibniz dark biscuits, finely chopped or crushed
30 minutes preparation, six hours freezing
How to make it
- Line the base of a 900g loaf tin with parchment paper or a double layer of cling film, leaving the excess hanging out over the edges.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. In a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture, then carefully fold in the egg whites.
- Sprinkle a third of the chopped biscuits evenly into the base of the prepared tin. Pour half the semifreddo mixture over the biscuits, followed by the next third of the biscuits. Finally, pour over the remaining semifreddo and top with the remaining biscuits.
- Cover with the excess hanging parchment or cling film and freeze for at least six hours until solid.