RECIPE: Courgette, broccoli and lemon pasta
Zing up your pasta with a dash of lemon
1-2 garlic cloves, finely grated
Zest of 2 lemons, plus a squeeze of juice
Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
200g broccoli, broken into florets
400g pasta bows or other shapes
1 tbsp butter
2 courgettes, chopped
25g butter, melted
10 minutes preparation and 15 minutes cooking time.
How to make it
- Mix the garlic, lemon zest and juice with the parsley and some seasoning.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 mins until just tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove, then set aside.
- Bring the water back to the boil, add the pasta and cook following pack instructions.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the courgettes and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until starting to turn golden, tip in the broccoli and continue to cook for another minute until warmed through.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 2 tbsp of the cooking water, then add pasta and cooking water to the pan with the vegetables and the lemon and garlic mixture.
- Mix well, place in a serving dish and drizzle with melted butter and a sprinkle of parmesan shavings.