RECIPE: Dangerously dark cheesecake
Score some brownie points this Valentine's Day by whipping up this delicious chocolate treat...
4 packets of Choco Leibniz dark biscuits
100g butter, melted
700g soft cream cheese
100g icing sugar
300g dark chocolate
Cocoa powder to dust
20 minutes preparation, two hours chilling
How to make it
- To make the cheesecake base, start by whizzing the biscuits in a processor. Add the resulting crumbs to the melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Tip this mixture into a well-oiled 20cm springform cake tin, pressing it down firmly to ensure a nice even base. Place in the fridge.
- To make the cheesecake topping, mix the soft cheese and icing sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Add the melted chocolate to the soft cheese mixture a little at a time, mixing as you do so.
- When thoroughly mixed, use a spatula to spread the cheesecake filling across the base and right up to the edge of the cake tin.
- Place the chocolate cheesecake in the fridge to set for at least two hours, and dust with cocoa powder before serving.
As a charity, it takes a lot of effort to keep DAD.info up-to-date and relevant.If you feel that we've helped you in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 70070*
*Your donation via text may be eligible for Gift Aid. You may be contacted on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page to submit your details, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.