recipe: speedy chicken biryani
A child-friendly recipe that's quick to knock-up and tastes great!
Serves 4 small appetites
200g Uncle Ben’s Ready to Heat Basmati rice
100g French beans
4tbsp spoons Uncle Ben’s Recipe Base Korma Curry Paste
2 chicken breast fillets (about 260g)
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 medium red onion
1tbsp spoon vegetable oil
Small bunch fresh coriander
10 mins prep, 15 mins on the hob
How to make it
- Cut the chicken into 2–3cm pieces and place in a bowl. Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
- Heat the rice according to the instructions on the packet. If you haven’t already hard-boiled the eggs, pop them in a separate pan in cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Then drain through a colander and leave to stand in fresh cold water to cool.
- Peel and finely chop the red onion, wash the French beans, tomatoes and coriander
- Finely chop the coriander. Top and tail the French beans and cut them in half. Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the large saucepan, then add the chicken, half of the chopped coriander and curry paste. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time. The chicken will change colour from pink to white
- Add the chopped red onion and French beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato quarters, and add the water gradually – you may not need it all. Your Speedy Biryani should be moist enough for the flavours to spread through evenly, but it shouldn’t be wet. Cook for a further 3 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Add the cooked rice. Mix well, cover and simmer for 2 minutes. You might want to add a little bit more water now.
- Peel the shell from the hard-boiled eggs and slice into quarters.
- Spoon the Speedy Biryani into a large serving dish and garnish with hard-boiled egg quarters and a sprinkling of fresh coriander