This is a winning creation – it’s creamy, rich and luscious with a lime twist. This is the perfect side for a BBQ and brings back memories of childhood potato salads, but with a remixed, delicious Mexican flavour. This is a go-to dish of ours and we promise it will not disappoint
Video via BOSH!
1kg new potatoes
25g dairy-free butter
2 tbsp olive oil
60ml unsweetened plant-based milk
2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt, plus a little extra
1 tsp black pepper
250g cherry tomatoes
1 large fresh red chilli
½ red onion
40g fresh coriander
Large saucepan with a lid | Liquidiser
HOW TO MAKE
- Cut the potatoes into quarters (or halves if they’re small) and put them in the saucepan
- Fill the pan with cold water and add a large pinch of salt
- Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8–10 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through
- Drain and tip back into the pan
- Add the dairy-free butter and stir it through the potatoes so that they’re well covered, then set aside
- Halve the lime and squeeze the juice into the liquidiser
- Halve and carefully stone the avocados by tapping the stone firmly with the heel of a knife so that it lodges in the pits, then twist and remove the stones
- Scoop the avocado flesh into the liquidiser
- Add the olive oil, plant-based milk, vegan mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and pepper and whizz to a thick cream, adding a splash more plant-based milk if needed
- Dice the cherry tomatoes
- Rip the stem from the chilli, cut it in half lengthways and remove the seeds, if you prefer a milder flavour, then finely chop
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Put the chopped vegetables into a large serving bowl and add the dressing and potatoes
- Chop the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks and sprinkle into the bowl
- Stir everything together so that it’s well mixed, then enjoy!
BOSH! is showing the world just how easy it can be to eat plants. Their inventive food creations reached more than half a billion people in just their first year. For more information, visit https://www.bosh.tv/recipes.
BOSH! by Ian Theasby and Henry Firth is out now published by HQ, HarperCollins in hardback and ebook. Check it out here.