Score some brownie points this Valentine’s Day by whipping up this delicious chocolate treat…
4 packets of Choco Leibniz dark biscuits
100g butter, melted
700g soft cream cheese
100g icing sugar
300g dark chocolate
Cocoa powder to dust
20 minutes preparation, two hours chilling
How to make it
- To make the cheesecake base, start by whizzing the biscuits in a processor. Add the resulting crumbs to the melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Tip this mixture into a well-oiled 20cm springform cake tin, pressing it down firmly to ensure a nice even base. Place in the fridge.
- To make the cheesecake topping, mix the soft cheese and icing sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Add the melted chocolate to the soft cheese mixture a little at a time, mixing as you do so.
- When thoroughly mixed, use a spatula to spread the cheesecake filling across the base and right up to the edge of the cake tin.
- Place the chocolate cheesecake in the fridge to set for at least two hours, and dust with cocoa powder before serving.