Boost your five-a-day with this filling antioxidant-packed dish
1 small celeriac, cut into 2cm chunks
2 carrots, cut into 2cm chunks
2 parsnips, cut into 2cm chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 medium beetroots, cut into 1.5cm thick wedges
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
11/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
A pinch of salt flakes
15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
100g radicchio leaves
25g pistachios, shelled and chopped
For the dressing…
100g Total Greek yoghurt
1 teaspoon runny honey
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
20 mins prep, 1 hour in the oven.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Toss the celeriac, carrots and parsnips with 11/2 tablespoons of the oil and scatter over two thirds of the baking tray. Mix the beetroots with the remaining oil and add to the remaining one third of the tray, keeping it separate from the other vegetables to prevent its colour staining them. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely grind the spices with the salt in a pestle and mortar. Add to the vegetables, stirring gently, trying not to mix the beetroot in too much, and roast for a further 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Cool for 15 minutes or completely if making ahead.
- To make the dressing, mix together the yoghurt, honey, chilli and lemon juice and season. Place the parsley and radicchio in a large serving bowl, add the roasted vegetables and toss gently.
- Drizzle the dressing over and scatter with the pistachios.
Total Greek Yoghurt Cookbook by Sophie Michell is published by Kyle Books, priced £18.99. Photography by Emma Lee.