Impress the family with this easy but tasty pie…
100g Kerrygold unsalted butter
100g golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g brown sugar
3 free-range eggs, beaten
1 x 245g shop-bought shortcrust pastry case
285g pecan nuts
15 minutes preparation and 50 minutes baking time
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, vanilla extract and sugar into a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture and stir well.
- Arrange the pecan halves evenly in the pastry case and carefully pour over the syrup mixture.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes – the pie will be golden-brown, but the filling should still be slightly soft.
- Leave the pie to cool on a wire tray. Serve with a good dollop of whipped cream.