So, it might not be the coolest night in the 2015 music calendar (that will blatantly be Friday night at Glastonbury with Dave Grohl leading the Foo Fighters’ headline slot). But it IS a good night for gossip – and guess what? We have a backstage pass…
But whether you use this information to dazzle your teenage daughter or have a full-blown gas over a pint in the pub, here are the most important nuggets of information you must soak up. And admit it, you are a little curious about whether Taylor Swift is as sweet and innocent as she looks…
1) Guests will be given goodie bags at the show and this year’s haul is rather impressive – and will cost organisers over £1,000. Inside, they’ll get some posh JBL Synchros Bluetooth headphones, Bose bluetooth speakers, a Shine Activity Monitor and an Re wide-angle lens . Nice.
2) Two of the music industries hottest newcomers, James Bay and George Ezra will be sharing a dressing room. While Paloma Faith gets three rooms for her, her band and dancers.
3) The 4,000 guests on the night will be dining on Wellington of slow cooked rib wrapped in brioche dough, slow roast fillet of West Country beef, Lincolnshire savoy cabbage and pureed celery. Not too shabby, eh? There’ll also be a sherbet fountain for desert.
4) The backstage bar and spa are where it’s all at before the big ceremony – and that’s where all the artists and their teams will be hanging out. Last year, we caught James Corden nicking a bag-full of flying saucers from the retro sweet box.
5) Taylor Swift IS rather sweet and innocent, but actually, we think she’s massively industry-savvy too. The 23-year-old remained collected as she was told, during rehearsals, she was winning a brand new award called the Recording Artist of 2014 Award, exclaiming rather calm and politely, ‘That’s insane. Oh my God.’
The BRIT Awards 2015, ITV, Wednesday, 8pm