Get Help With Child Arrangements

The Ministry of Justice has produced a guide for parents who are not together and need to make arrangements for their children:

Help With Child Arrangements Service

It gives advice on:
  • putting children’s needs first
  • preparing for negotiations
  • the pros and cons of each resolution option
  • some of the likely costs involved

The guide is suitable for people at any stage of the process and for those who are in dispute over arrangements.


Hide comments (1)


  • Guest
    Gregorious Gilbert Thursday, 14 June 2018

    Children now adults, what can I do to get contact?

    I have two children, my boy is 18 nearly 19 years and my daughter is 17, 18 at christmas. They have been in a foster family for ten years or so after their mother abused them. I want to get in contact now. What can I do? My name is on my son's birth certificate and I have a positive dna test for my daughter; I also have "indirect parental responsibility," I have sent cards and presents etc but have received nothing in return. I Have not seen them since they were babies. Please, I do not know who can help....?????

Leave your comment

Guest Monday, 18 January 2021

PLEASE NOTE: If you have a specific question for or for other dads, please post it on our Forum.

We may use your email address to respond to you about your comment. View our Privacy Policy for more details.