Families Need Fathers

A social care and campaigning organisation founded in 1974 that aims to keep dads involved with their kids after divorce or separation.

Families Need Fathers believes that children need both parents fully involved in their lives, whoever has custody of them.

It offers advice and support to dads who are worried about losing touch with their kids. It also pushes for changes in the law and society, so both parents have equal legal status, and so care and financial support is divided equally between mums and dads.

What can it do for me?

If you have recently separated from your partner and need help or advice about staying in your children’s lives, Families Need Fathers can help you.

As a charity, it takes a lot of effort to keep DAD.info up-to-date and relevant.

If you feel that we've helped you in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 70070*

*Your donation via text may be eligible for Gift Aid. You may be contacted on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page to submit your details, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.

Hide comments (3)


  • Guest
    Paul Stewart Monday, 12 December 2016

    Mr Stewart

    I have split from my 15 year relationship as we were arguing to much and we have 3 boys together aged 11, 5, 4 the children are on a child protection plan for emotional abuse hence why I moved out of the family home. I did have access every 3 weeks to have them for the weekend which since getting a new partner my ex has completely stopped all contact with my children including telephone calls. I would like access rifts the social workers are trying to mediate but with no success please help as I have not spoken to my children for over 5 weeks many thanks Paul stewart

  • Guest
    Anonymous Monday, 19 June 2017

    Rights of father to meet his love child

    A stupid affair of a happily married father of 4 that resulted in a daughter.
    The mother (OW) was happy to let me meet the child until the age of 5. Then she allowed telephone
    contacts only for a while. Now NC. Any help for me?

  • Guest
    Debbie Sunday, 25 March 2018

    Contact with your children

    There is a court process and a C100 form to fill in for a CAO (child arrangements order), although you would be required to go through mediation initially. Look up MIAM National Mediation, and the fee is waivered if you can prove you are on benefits or a low income.

Leave your comment

Guest Monday, 21 January 2019

PLEASE NOTE: If you have a specific question for DAD.info or for other dads, please post it on our Forum.

We may use your email address to respond to you about your comment. View our Privacy Policy for more details.