• Page:

TOPIC: Aspergers

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67490

any update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ive been through it like most on here.

Remember to say "it could be worse" is equitable to telling a happy person they could be happier. People feel what they feel.

I have some knowledge of some stuff.

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67495

No.
What with it ring half term and all I assume there's not much they can do, the assessment is done through school (I think!) I don't get told much so have to relie heavily on updates from school.

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67502

Im sorry, I dont uderstand. Before the holidays did nothing happen? Also, who told you its done through school? what is exactly? Not to sound blunt did you read my post? it may be different in different areas but you are seeking a diagnosis, schools cannot assign such, you need to have CAMHS or a paediatrician involved not school, school reports and educational psychology reports are part of the pathway/process but theres other elements of that which can be completed.

Remember to say "it could be worse" is equitable to telling a happy person they could be happier. People feel what they feel.

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67503

Hi
Yes I read your post, he's currently being assessed, it takes 26 weeks , CAMHs are involved and I've filled out all the questionnaires they've sent to me so just a waiting game I assume.

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67515

again I wasnt being rude.

But what takes 26 weeks exactly? Where are you up to? My secondary advice is not to idly wait (not saying you are).

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67516

I'm not exactly sure to be honest. All I've been told is that he's being assessed, It takes 26 weeks and at the end we should have a diagnosis and a decision in whether or not he needs to be statemented?
He's currently at a pupil learning centre, excluded from mainstream and probably will never be able to return to mainstream again. I haven't had much to do with any of it as I'm not kept informed by the resident parent, school try to keep me up to date but much of it is me digging around to see what I can find out.

Aspergers 3 years 8 months ago #67590

It's an EHC PLAN THATS BEING DINE THROUGH SCHOOL, not a diagnosis, just chasing CAMHs now for that.

• Page: