• Page:

TOPIC: What expenses affect Child Maintenance payments??

What expenses affect Child Maintenance payments?? 5 years 9 months ago #39393

• RC
  • RC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have used the online calculator to work out what my child maintenance payments should be and it is coming up at £35 a week, there is a slight reduction because my two girls stay overnight with me for between 104 - 155 nights a year. What the online calculator does not take into consideration is that I also have my girls on a weeknight for a few hours and give them dinner, and i also buy clothes, nappys wipes etc, so does this not affect how much is due to be paid? I have read some of the other posts in the forum and was wondering, am I right to believe that I dont have to pay anything extra on top of this? My ex wife seems to believe i would still have to contribute towards things like school uniforms, holidays etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What expenses affect Child Maintenance payments?? 5 years 9 months ago #39395

The few hours on a weekday wouldn't affect the assessment as they are only concerned about overnight stays

It's up to you if you want to pay extra on top, your well within your rights to just pay the CM that's calculated
The following user(s) said Thank You: RC

Trying to make sure the CSA/CMS do things right

What expenses affect Child Maintenance payments?? 5 years 9 months ago #39396

• RC
  • RC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the reply Huxley. Its not that I dont want to pay extra, I will find it a struggle even just paying the £35 if truth be told as I have also had to borrow money to pay my lawyer for trying to get a minute of agreement in place, (as my ex is playing games with regards to access), on top of my household bills and debts

Last Edit: by RC.

What expenses affect Child Maintenance payments?? 5 years 9 months ago #39565

Hi RC

Thanks for your post, I am William the Child Maintenance Options consultant. Huxley is correct only the overnight stays are taken into account when maintenance is worked out. You are only required to pay the amount calculated, extra payments to cover costs, for example school uniforms are paid at your own discretion.

To find out more about all the options available for maintenance and how Child Maintenance Options can help you visit www.cmoptions.org or call us free on 0800 988 0988 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am and 4pm on Saturday.

Thanks
William

This information which Child Maintenance Options has provided is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.

Please note: the Child Maintenance Options team cannot answer any questions relating to a specific CSA or Child Maintenance Service case
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes