• Page:

TOPIC: Ending CSA payments

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44055

Hello, my daughter has just turned 18 ( 27-04-2014 ) and is currently doing a BTEC National Diploma which is due to finish in June. My question is do I have to notify when she finishes her course or does the CSA automatically redress the payments from the date she has turned 18 ? I have 2 children and will continue to pay for my youngest 15 this may untill she becomes of age.
Thanks
Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44057

Does she plan to get a job in June
As CSA is payable until the age of 20 now whilst they are still in what they class as further education
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkybaby

Trying to make sure the CSA/CMS do things right

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44058

I don't believe she will be continuing with any form of education once this course is finished and will be looking for full time employment.
Thanks

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44127

As long as the mother tells the child benefit office that she has left eduction then your CSA will stop

If she doesn't tell them then your payments will continue even though she has left college and is working

Trying to make sure the CSA/CMS do things right

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44130

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1579
If her course finishes in June I think the payment continues until the 1st September.....as long as they are informed of the change by the receiving parent, as Huxley says.

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44183

Hi, I helped my ex wife claim on my cancer last year thinking she would go halfs (i signed over endowment policy on divorce in 2007) I found out this year that she recieved a payment of £127,000 and she didnt tell me. A few heated emails later she told me it would go to my daughters (21 and 14). My 14 year old wrote to me and said I deserved my cancer (havent seen either of my daughters in 7 years). Although I don't blame my daughter for anything and have always provided for her but do you think its right that I still pay CSA for the next 5 yrs after she has capitalised on me losing a kidney?

Thanks

Ending CSA payments 5 years 3 weeks ago #44207

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1583
I think it's right you should be paying maintenance - what is wrong is that she capitalized at all on your loss of a kidney.

Ending CSA payments 5 years 1 week ago #45206

Hi Dirkybaby

Thank you for your post. I am William the Child Maintenance Options consultant. We are unable to comment on Child Support Agency (CSA) cases as we are a separate organisation and do not have access to your case information. However, I can provide some general information.

Under the statutory rules, regular child maintenance payments must be made until a child is 16 years old, or 20 if they are in full-time, non-advanced education (A-level or equivalent), or for as long as Child Benefit is being paid. When a child leaves full-time education in the summer, Child Benefit generally continues until the first week of September. You can find more information on when child maintenance stops on Gov.uk at www.gov.uk/when-child-maintenance-payments-stop .

However, with you having a case in place with the CSA, you will need contact them directly to find out when your payments will cease. You can find the contact details for the office that is dealing with your case on any letters that you may have received, or by visiting Gov.uk at www.gov.uk/child-support-agency .

For more information on the ways to set up child maintenance, please visit our website at www.cmoptions.org . Alternatively, you can call us free on 0800 988 0988 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am and 4pm on a Saturday. We have a sorting out separation web-app that you may find useful. It offers help and support to separating and separated families. The link is: www.dad.info/divorce-and-separation/sorting-out-separation .

Regards

William

This information which Child Maintenance Options has provided is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.

Please note: the Child Maintenance Options team cannot answer any questions relating to a specific CSA or Child Maintenance Service case
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes