• Page:

TOPIC: Disputing parentage & DNA test

Disputing parentage & DNA test 5 years 2 weeks ago #46454

• actd
  • actd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1585
This has come up a few times, so many thanks to William of CMS, and his reply to a question copied here..

Child Maintenance Consultant wrote:
If the person who is asked to pay maintenance denies that they are the parent, the Child Maintenance Service classes this as a disputed parentage case. If a claim is made to the, they will ask the person named if they accept that they are the child's parent. If they deny it, the Child Maintenance Service will look into the reasons why and ask them to provide evidence to support their denial. They will not ask them to pay child maintenance until the dispute has been resolved. You can find more information on the Child Maintenance Service’s disputed parentage process on Gov.uk at www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/disagreements-about-parentage . You can also find further details of the Child Maintenance Service’s DNA testing process on the same site at www.gov.uk/dna-testing-parentage-disagreements .

For more information on the ways to set up child maintenance, please visit our website at www.cmoptions.org . Alternatively, you can call us free on 0800 988 0988 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday or 9am and 4pm on a Saturday. We have a sorting out separation web-app that you may find useful. It offers help and support to separating and separated families. The link is: www.dad.info/divorce-and-separation/sorting-out-separation .

Regards

William

The topic has been locked.

Disputing parentage & DNA test 3 months 6 days ago #97897

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1719
DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes