TOPIC: need someone to talk to

need someone to talk to 5 years 2 weeks ago #55843

• jimmyj
  • jimmyj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I've been named a father of a child that I've never seen and also £383.02 taken out of my salary automatically without prior notice !!!
this is a big ball changer now as I'm already finding it hard to commute to work with the salary that I'm on and now this has just made things even worst for me. This will now mean that i will have to leave my job as my wage cannot support this.

I'm so lost and stress i don't know what i'm going to do ? am i going to be jobless , homeless , what ? first thing i will need to find out next week who has made this claim and how far back this dates & what my options are for a DNA test just to set aside any doubt. who would be the best person or persons to speak to first before i ring the CSA ? i want to know what my rights are and what rights they have in regards to taking such a huge lump sum out of an hard working poor man's salary that can just get by as it is !!

Could someone please speak to me or something as i'm on tipping point and don't know what to do !

Please Please Please someone give me some advice it would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Jimmyj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

need someone to talk to 5 years 2 weeks ago #55848

Hey Jimmy welcome to the forum, WOW that must have come as a shock I'm not surprised you are feeling the way you are, have you no Idea what this relates too, has it literally come out the blue?

I'm not really that up on child maintenance ect but I'm sure someone else on here will be able to help in the mean time www.alphabiolabs.co.uk/ do DNA testing and they do a price match and will be the cheapest.

This seems absolutely crazy that it's come completely out the blue.

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

need someone to talk to 5 years 2 weeks ago #55876

Hi Jimmy welcome to the forums.

That is a very odd situation. The first thing you should do, providing it is the CSA taking payments from your account, is call the Child Support agency to find out when the claim was initiated and who the person is. Number is here www.govukbenefits.com/csa-contact-number/

Be mindful that they might not be forthcoming with information but explain your situation.

Jimmy, this will take some time to resolve. There are no "quick fixes" but i would also make an appointment to see someone from the citizens advice bureau to advise you of your financial options. But do this after calling the CSA.

My knowledge of this is limited but there will be more senior members that will be able to help.

There is a section of the forums for child maintenance. www.dad.info/forum/child-maintenance
Please put your post in there, you will be more likely to get a response.

Thanks
Sean

Last Edit: by Chimp.

need someone to talk to 5 years 2 weeks ago #55897

If the mother of the child initiated the claim/case, then YOU CAN demand a DNA test.

If the mother of the child refuses a DNA test, then she will ultimately have to forfeit her claim for Child Maintenance, as the CMA will have to close the case.
** Otherwise any woman can just finger anybody they fancy as the father of their child**.

Mind you the CMA do not come forth with the above information, as they regard most fathers as potential dodgers who need to be trapped.

They will continue to extract the Child Maintenance payments while the DNA test stuff is processed, and you will have to pay
for yourself and the child DNA test.
If the result is negative you get the cost back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: actd

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes