• Page:

TOPIC: Wife demanding 'Collect and Pay'

Wife demanding 'Collect and Pay' 5 years 6 months ago #62082

• MikeD79
  • MikeD79's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Informed by wifes solicitor that she wants the collect and pay service for child maintenance. That means I'll have to pay 20% on top of what I would normally pay and she will have to pay around 4% of that to get the money.

She is doing this out of spite just to make me spend more money than I have to. She is not willing to negotiate and is claiming that she fears I will cancel any direct debit.

Its total madness. I have a secure job and fighting her in courts for more contact, why the hell would I miss payments.

Surely they cant accept her terms and enforce this on me when I'm willing to pay by direct debit or other options.

Im furious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wife demanding 'Collect and Pay' 5 years 6 months ago #62104

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1744
If you aren't in arrears, then the CMS should offer you direct pay, whatever she may want - as long as you don't miss any payments, then they will have no reason to move you onto collect and pay.

Wife demanding 'Collect and Pay' 5 years 6 months ago #62120

Hello MikeD79

When using the Child Maintenance Service, either parent can choose to use the Direct Pay option. This will only move to Collect and Pay if there is a history of missed payments.

You can find more information about the Child Maintenance Service here, www.gov.uk/child-maintenance

The Child Maintenance Service are just one option available to set up maintenance payments. If you would like information about the other options and a more personalised service, you can contact Child Maintenance Options directly, www.cmoptions.org .

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have a web application, ‘Sorting out separation’. It aims to make it much easier for separating and separated parents (and childless couples) to find the support they need, when and where they need it, and encourages them to collaborate on a range of issues. The link is www.dad.info/divorce-and-separation/sorting-out-separation

Regards

William

This information which Child Maintenance Options has provided is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.

Please note: the Child Maintenance Options team cannot answer any questions relating to a specific CSA or Child Maintenance Service case
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes