• Page:

TOPIC: Re: Maintenance Rules and the CSA

Re: Maintenance Rules and the CSA 1 year 8 months ago #99514

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
This might help, it’s the Govt. guidelines about how they calculate child maintenance.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...hild-maintenance.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Re: Maintenance Rules and the CSA 1 year 6 months ago #100690

Me and my ex recently split, we agreed maintenance but I know my money isn't been spent on my daughter, she has met someone new and she goes out with him 3-4 times a week and dumps my daughter anyone who will have her my Question is have I got any other options could I buy her the stuff she needs or anything tried asking csa but there like my arse tbh thanks

Re: Maintenance Rules and the CSA 1 year 6 months ago #100692

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1772
I'm afraid you can't buy things for your daughter and reduce the maintenance, the CSA won't allow that. Don't forget, though, even though your ex is going out and leaving your daughter with whoever, she is still providing a home for her, with food, utilities, clothing etc, and that all costs money, so the maintenance you pay her is still going to your daughter's welfare, at least in part.

I am not qualified and any information given should be checked with a professional.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-counselling
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes