• Page:

TOPIC: Paying

Paying 2 years 9 months ago #75458

• Chris48
  • Chris48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My daughter is 18 and in collage doind hairdressing and beauty can u tell me do I have to still pay child maintenance an please can u tell me why it's called child maintenance when clearly when ur 18 ur an adult? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paying 2 years 9 months ago #75462

You still pay up to the age of 20 if your child is in education. But otherwise it's 16.

Paying 2 years 9 months ago #75463

Hi There,
You would normally continue to pay until the child reaches 16, but if they stay in full time college which from memory is classed as 12 hours or above per week, you would continue.
Child maintenance will fall in line with child benifits so if your ex is still recieving child benifit, you would continue to pay.
GTTS

Paying 2 years 9 months ago #75471

Hello Chris48

Under child support legislation, regular child maintenance payments must be made until a child is 16 years old, or 20 if they are in full-time, non-advanced education (A-level or equivalent), or for as long as Child Benefit is being paid. When a child leaves full-time education in the summer, Child Benefit generally continues until the first week of September.

For further information on when maintenance ends and what courses are classed as full-time non-advanced education, you may find the following link useful www.gov.uk/when-child-maintenance-payments-stop .

For more information on all the different ways to set up child maintenance and for a more personalised service, you can visit the Child Maintenance Options website at www.cmoptions.org .

The DWP have a sorting out separation web-app that you may find useful. It offers help and support to separating and separated families. The link is: www.dad.info/divorce-and-separation/sorting-out-separation .

Regards

William

This information which Child Maintenance Options has provided is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should obtain professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.

Please note: the Child Maintenance Options team cannot answer any questions relating to a specific CSA or Child Maintenance Service case
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes