• Page:

TOPIC: How does German Child Maintenance Work

How does German Child Maintenance Work 7 months 1 week ago #96590

Hi - I have recently found out that I am the father of a child, now living in Munich, Germany. I was not in a long term relationship with the mother but I am now being contacted by her local German social service department about child maintenance information. I can find no information about the German equivalent of the CSA process. I have read a little about Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance but would be interested to get an insights about the process that I am about to engage with as the Social service department have provided no information about how it works.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How does German Child Maintenance Work 7 months 1 week ago #96591

Don't reply,set up a private arrangement with the mother and send money online.

This will give you more power in seeing your son/daughter
Because the German authorities won't be able to enforce anything with you living here.

Where's the comminication from the mother,no photos of the child,no messages etc?

Last Edit: by Danbruno1105.

How does German Child Maintenance Work 7 months 1 week ago #96592

I am trying to avoid the payment hell of legal advice in any of this. Thanks for your help.

How does German Child Maintenance Work 7 months 1 week ago #96593

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
It would be better if you can set up an arrangement between yourselves, but if not I think she would need to go through the legal process in Germany and as we have a reciprocal arrangement, the REMO unit would then enforce it here.

Here’s a link to a thread on the forum from a couple of years ago, you might find it useful

www.dad.info/forum/child-maintenance/472...enance-advice-please

All the best

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Last Edit: by Mojo.

How does German Child Maintenance Work 7 months 1 week ago #96598

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Are you confident the child is yours? Sorry for such a stark question, but if you do have doubts, it's advisable to voice them now, a DNA test would then have to be done as a requirement for maintenance payments to continue, once the results are in.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

How does German Child Maintenance Work 7 months 3 days ago #96745

Thanks for the link and information.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes