• Page:

TOPIC: Child Maintenance for my second child

Child Maintenance for my second child 3 months 5 days ago #97489

Hiya,

My eldest leaves full time education in June. However, my son will be leaving school to go to college. Does my maintenance halve, or have I read it correctly that my payment only goes down 4%, to 20% for the one child??

Thanks, Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Child Maintenance for my second child 3 months 5 days ago #97495

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1583
Is this through CMS? If so, you should be paying 16% of gross currently, and it will go down to 12% of gross income, so what you are paying will go down by a quarter.

Child Maintenance for my second child 3 months 5 days ago #97502

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1699
If Robbie is paying via the CSA/CMS I think the percentage amount is different, depending on what scheme is being used. If his children are older it's likely he's still on an old scheme.... when were your maintenance payments first set up Robbie?

If they have to make a new calculation, they may move you onto the current scheme, which is 12% of gross income, as actd says.

All cases should have been moved over to the current scheme by 2017, but they are still in the process of doing so.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Child Maintenance for my second child 3 months 4 days ago #97507

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I pay through CMS and it was set up well over 10 years ago.

Thanks, Rob

Child Maintenance for my second child 3 months 4 days ago #97509

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1699
Here’s a link to the sticky that shares links to each of the 3 schemes. From what you say you’re on the CSA2 scheme that ran from 2003 to 2012.

www.dad.info/forum/child-maintenance/210...a-calculate-payments

If you’re paying via the CMS that would indicate that you’ve already been moved over.

Here’s a link to the CMS calculator, it might be useful to do a quick calculation

www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance

If you’re unclear about which scheme you’re on, perhaps a call to them to get clarificationmight be a good idea.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes