• Page:

TOPIC: Help/advice please

Help/advice please 1 week 3 days ago #98191

Self employed dad. Income dramatically reduced as business taken a bad turn with Brexit instability. Seen MP which was waste of time. Having to pay a large amount of maintenance every month based on previous income and there appears to be no way around it. Even if give in this years books because had a good first few months of tax year it really does not reflect the last 4 months income. Is there anything I can do as getting to a point where I am going to have to sell things as really cannot afford payments every month. Maintenance people really do not seem to have a grip on what can happen if you are self employed. Any help from anyone who has experienced this is really appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help/advice please 1 week 3 days ago #98197

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1661
Hi there

I can sympathise with your dilemma, the financial side of things isn’t my area of knowledge, but I’ve had a quick look at their guidelines and I’ve linked it here

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...hild-maintenance.pdf

Specifically page 8 might be helpful, you should also have a read of their regulations here

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2677/pd...122677_301114_en.pdf

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pheasant4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes