• Page:

TOPIC: Cms calculation

Cms calculation 3 months 2 weeks ago #99891

Hi, my daughters mum has decided that as I say I can’t afford to pay more/extra payments on top of the amount we verbally agreed due to my decrease in wages, as I’m 50 this year plus currently disputing hmrc tax code of 323L she has now taken me to cms who won’t accept my appeal on calculating as gross is less than 25% decrease even though my net possibly is! As mentioned, I’m 50 this year so not as young as I was, plus with parents in there 70s and in need of help/support I’ve moved from London in with them in Somerset, basically how do I dispute unaffordable calculation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cms calculation 3 months 2 weeks ago #99894

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 433
Hi

Ask CMS to lay everything out in writing and contact your local CAB or MP - they will be able to help you dealt with them.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Cms calculation 3 months 2 weeks ago #99898

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Unfortunately the new CMS scheme works on a calculation on gross income, so it’s unlikely that they will make an allowance in this case.

You might like to think about increasing payments into your pension pot, this would reduce the amount of gross income that they would make the calculation on.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Cms calculation 3 months 2 weeks ago #99911

• Bill337
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 90
I would suggest going self-employed an getting accountant to sort out your kids income. Pm me if you have any questions about this.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes