• Page:

TOPIC: Court Order

Court Order 3 months 1 week ago #99998

Hi

I have a Court Order which, in the last 2 years, has been overruled by the CMS and my payments significantly reduced. I have remarried and had another 2 children (4yrs and 5yrs).

My older 2 are 14yrs and 17yrs.

The trouble is, the Court Order states that I will have to pay for the older 2 until they have completed their first degree. At the time of the divorce I thought this was reasonable, but to bring balance to ALL my kids, I'd like to get that changed. The reason for this, to provide my younger 2 with the same opportunities the older 2 have had.

I'm a bit lost as to which way to go with this and how to challenge it and wonder what anyone else's opinions/experiences are?

Any help/tips would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Court Order 3 months 1 week ago #100004

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
I’m no expert, but I would have thought that if the court ordered maintenance has been overruled by the CMS claim, then you would be covered by the CMS rules and payments would stop when they start Uni, work, or reach the age of 20. As I said though, I’m no expert.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Court Order 3 months 1 week ago #100006

• Bill337
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 90
hi there,

yep, as you mentioned CMS over-ruled the nonsense in the court order, then you should not have to pay for university tuition. Speak to CMS to clear things up. better not to say a word to the ex about this.

also, have you told CMS that you have other children living with you, from your new marriage? because they will reduce your payments.

Last Edit: by Bill337.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes