• Page:

TOPIC: When Should It Stop

When Should It Stop 1 week 4 days ago #100948

• KWP
  • KWP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I had what I was told was a daughter & have paid for since her mother and I split up when 6mths old. I asked to see her but wasn't interested & was sending Christmas gifts and was told not to send gifts just send money instead so I never bought another gift or send £ as a gift either as I was disgusted on her mother & her actions. Especially when my wife & our daughter would be going on holiday they would have my holiday pay arrested saying I hadn't paid her that week & I had, this went on for year. At 16yr she left school but decided on going to college which I was told I would have to continue paying for her being in further education & did till 20.5yr which she failed college courses numerous times & went to work in a factory as she had no qualifications. But when my daughter with my wife went to do a degree she got no financial help & we paid for everything + my daughter got part-time bar job. I have since found out that the oldest child left her mothers home at 16yr & got a flat with her boyfriend & was claiming all the DWP benefits going, should I have continued paying for her for those 4.5yrs when so-called at college but was never attending & failed as 4.5yrs at college my other daughter done in 3.5yrs - HNC, HND & 26wks to give her, her degree after HND. Should I have been paying for 4.5yrs when she was living with her boyfield as an adult as she was out the house??
Also is it possible to have a DNA test done on a child I was told was mine but have questioned for many years, as she is nothing like any off my family not even 1% yet my daughter with my present wife is a replica to my family as she is like me manner-wise, temper (Not Always Good), like my father & definitely looks like my mother, as she used to be blonde, then light brown hair but went darker & now black hair like my mother, even the mole on her face is same place my mother had hers. She looks everything like my family head-to-toe but the 1st is nothing like me or my family & my family have commented on this over the years. Can I request DNA test now even though her mother is dead & if comes back as not mine, can I be paid back all I paid for her + stress as the problems her mother gave was bad enough but when turning 16 she took over & even throw drinks over my daughter & confronted her on numerous ocassions and had to be told legally to back off. But what is worrying my wife & me is that wills we had made when younger we didnt have what we have now & even though it states if anything happens to me it goes to my wife & daughter & nothing about the other one, but can she have a claim on assets we have now as there is probably £250,000-£350,000 more than what we had when making our original wills & getting older it is making we worry to I need to amend the original wills made to stop the other 1 getting her hands on anything when it should be my wife & daughter??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When Should It Stop 1 week 4 days ago #100949

I think its too late for a lot of things you mentioned.
DNA test - your child is now an adult so no test without their consent
Back-pay - you ex has passed away so who would be responsible for back-pay?

Will - update your will to reflect what your decisions are now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes