• Page:

TOPIC: CM payments and COVID

CM payments and COVID 7 months 2 weeks ago #107866

CMS are not allowed to come after payments or arrears during the COVID-19 regulations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CM payments and COVID 6 months 4 weeks ago #108576

I pay child maintence for my 14yr daughter, my daughter goes to boarding school and i fund the payments for this so i have been allowed a reduction on my payments to her.During covid 19 the school as been closed abd i have a refund of the fees, my daughter as been at home for 6mths (from march until sept)do i need to inform csa of the refund i have received back, as they have already worked my payments out on the purposal that i have paid the fees, My daughter does not stay with me.

CM payments and COVID 6 months 4 weeks ago #108585

whilst ordinarily there might be an obligation on you to inform cms so that they can make changes, currently under covid guidelines they are not making changes or recalculating due to loss of jobs, change of jobs, furlough, schools closing (fee refunds) etc etc.. (too many possible variations and no staff to do it, staff were redeployed to other areas such as job centre plus)..

Just keep in mind that at annual review this may come up and be revisited so it may be worthwhile setting aside some funds in case you have arrears or your payments increase..

CM payments and COVID 6 months 6 days ago #109129

I feel pity for that dude. Thank God I have no problems because of COVID. My online store was working and I still had income. Not so good as it was before, but not bad.

CM payments and COVID 6 months 6 days ago #109134

Daddyup wrote: whilst ordinarily there might be an obligation on you to inform cms so that they can make changes, currently under covid guidelines they are not making changes or recalculating due to loss of jobs, change of jobs, furlough, schools closing (fee refunds) etc etc..

actually they did recalculate changes. i rang them up in april-may to tell them i lost my job, so am paying nil maintenance.

Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-conselling
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes