• Page:

TOPIC: Reducing Child Maintenace Payments

Reducing Child Maintenace Payments 1 month 3 days ago #110302

• moores
  • moores's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I want to reduce the child maintenance payments by having my 3 children stay over regularly. My ex partner has refused this, saying no regular overnight stops and wants the full payment. What can I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reducing Child Maintenace Payments 1 month 3 days ago #110303

Hi,

I have been in your situation. Ex wouldn't allow kids to stay overnight with me. I went to court and got a child arrangements order. so now they are staying overnight regularly. your best option is to get a court order, then send copy of order to Child maintenance service, if your paying through them.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Reducing Child Maintenace Payments 1 month 3 days ago #110304

• moores
  • moores's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
She will allow stop overs but not on regular basis (so reducing the amount I have to pay).

Was that exactly the same as you?

She says it will be disruptive.

Reducing Child Maintenace Payments 1 month 3 days ago #110305

for me it was nothing to do with maintenance. she just didn't want kids to stay overnight with me. said they were not ready for that. so i was only seeing them on saturdays for the day.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or trained professional. I am not in a position to give legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes