• Page:

TOPIC: Who pays?

Who pays? 2 months 6 days ago #111412

• Gow
  • Gow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My ex wife and I both earn the roughly the same amount and we share the care of our 2 children. She has them slightly more, but they stay overnight with me for at least 150 nights per year. How do i calculate the maintenance payments? and who pays who?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who pays? 2 months 6 days ago #111414

You can mutually agree an amount you pay with your ex partner. Child maintenace getting involved is when you cant reach agreement. You can use their calculator to work out an approx amount you should pay as a guidance

Who pays? 2 months 6 days ago #111416

Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-conselling

Who pays? 2 months 5 days ago #111423

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1773
If you go to CMS, as she has them more (and presumably gets child benefit) then you will pay her. The calculator will give you the amount, but the basics are 16% of your gross income (after pensions deducted) and then if you have them for 156 nights or more, a 3/7th reduction (assuming you have no other dependents).

I am not qualified and any information given should be checked with a professional.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-counselling
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes