• Page:

TOPIC: Requesting closure as NRP?

Requesting closure as NRP? 2 months 6 days ago #111417

Sorry If this is a double post, not sure if the last one vanished?! Ex opened a case against me a while ago but failed to provide bank details. CMS requested them over 3 weeks ago now. Can we ask for case closure as she is non compliant? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Requesting closure as NRP? 2 months 6 days ago #111418

hi,

you should ring CMS and ask for an update. you could contact your ex and ask has she provided account details to CMS. if the bank details are sent through, then you may find that CMS are going to make you pay arrears/back-dated pay from the date the case was opened.

Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-conselling
Last Edit: by Bill337.

Requesting closure as NRP? 2 months 6 days ago #111419

Thanks for the reply. As far as we know she’s not contacted the CMS since initially opening the case at the start of November, no payments have been reported missing even though I’ve been unable to make them. There’s no contact between us since she took my children and moved away without telling me almost ten years ago sadly. I was paying her direct until earlier this year when I could not afford a month so cancelled the SO, not realising it wiped all bank details and they are not recoverable.

Requesting closure as NRP? 2 months 5 days ago #111422

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1773
Unless CMS contact you in writing to say that the case is closed, then the maintenance will still be accruing from the date they notified you, so I would recommend you put the amount into a savings account each month until you are informed otherwise - if your ex has opened a case with CMS because you failed to make a payment, then she's obviously going to want the money at some point, so not worth you taking the risk. If she does provide bank details and you don't pay the arrears accrued, then you could potentially go onto collect and pay, which will add 20% to the amount you are paying.

I am not qualified and any information given should be checked with a professional.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-counselling
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes