TOPIC: Aged 20

Aged 20 1 month 2 days ago #111990

• Zico123
  • Zico123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
I am currently paying for my Son who is 20 in June but the CMS are saying I will carry on paying until the review in Oct of this year
I am not sure as it is suppose to stop when he is 20 and any help would be great.
Trying to get an answer out of the cms is a joke and even one said to me - we know what kind of person you are having to come through the CMS in the first place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aged 20 1 month 2 days ago #111992

hi,

will your son be going to Uni? if he is, then they usually expect you to pay maintenance until september of that year they are starting. You could also ask if child benefit case is open, or at what point does child benefit payments stop.

Please consult a qualified professional for legal advice.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-conselling

Aged 20 1 month 1 day ago #112027

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1772

Zico123 wrote: ..... even one said to me - we know what kind of person you are having to come through the CMS in the first place.

Was this actually said to you over the phone? As far as I am aware, all calls are recorded. I would put in an official complaint against them for that, that is completely uncalled for attitude.

I am not qualified and any information given should be checked with a professional.

Whatever your situation Zoom counselling with qualified counsellors can help. You might like to be in touch for your secondary school aged children, or it could be you need support for yourself. To find out about costs or whether you qualify for funding (for example if you are on a low income or benefits) leave your details on this link and we will be in touch:

www.dad.info/online-zoom-counselling
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes