• Page:

TOPIC: Is this wrong?

Is this wrong? 2 weeks 2 days ago #98082

• LiamH28
  • LiamH28's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So... Back again and just filed another C100 to have my court order amended....

My son lives with myself Sun - Fri
& ment to be with his Mother and Grandmother Fri-Sun..

Mother has now moved 3 hrs away and takes my son with her (Not agreed in order) but let this slip because I have agreed to be flexibile...

My sons now missing out on joining teams with his friends and naturally playing out on a weekend with school friends as he is taken so far every week, He is never in the same address and always staying over in different friends homes of his mothers, or in the back of a transit van on a matress and being told its camping...
but my main point is this weekend after his mother had collected him, she told me my son was spending the night away with her partner and her partners dad. My son does not no her partners dad, and only sees her partner time to time. I was outraged and wanted to collect him but they refused to give me the address of were he was, Police refused to help as its a civil matter, why on earth would 2 men wana go away with my boy and why has the mother agreed and tried to justify by saying they are bonding, his weekends are time to bond with his mother not friends or partners.. I have re-applied to court to have him stay at home more on a weekend and for nobody without parental responsibility to be taking him

I am scared the judge will say I am the problem and overreacting... does anyone have any points or tips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is this wrong? 2 weeks 2 days ago #98090

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1661
Hi there

I seem to remember that her moving away was an issue at the time of your last court case. Has she moved further away?

I think it’s reasonable to want to vary the order, a child’s needs change as they get older and it’s only fair that he wants to spend some of his weekends joining in activities with his friends.

I think it’s at best irresponsible, at worst a safeguarding issue to send a child away with people he hardly knows..
I would certainly want that looked into and some conditions made about it.

If he wants to join a football team, they usually practice during the week and play a competitive game on a Saturday or Sunday. I would look into local teams and suggest an alternative schedule, perhaps contact starting from Saturday teatime until Sunday and suggesting a contact visit midweek to make up for the loss of fri/sat.

Best of luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: LiamH28

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Is this wrong? 2 weeks 2 days ago #98092

• LiamH28
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Mojo

you deserve a medal for the support you give us all,

Im waiting on a court date and what you have suggested makes perfect sense and a good offer, she has moved a further twice since last order, further each time.

Is this wrong? 2 weeks 1 day ago #98109

• Mojo
You’re very welcome Liam... happy to help.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Is this wrong? 1 day 8 hours ago #98365

• LiamH28
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
UPDATE...

Got my court case on 23rd May, have to try MIAMS again before hand even though I am going due to breach of current order...

My ex just txted me saying shes working the 26th April so my son will be staying with her partner all weekend 2 hours away from mine..

What can I do to prevent this, Court order states my son sees grandmother an mother weekends then returned back to me, and that we should be flexible, I am not happy that my son is being left with somebody without parental responsibility,
Every weekend hes not spending time with his mother or grandmother hes left with strangers.

Is this wrong? 1 day 7 hours ago #98368

• Mojo
What does your son want to do? If he’s not happy I would contact her and tell her that you will not be making your son available for contact, to be looked after solely by her partner, whom your son hardly knows and who doesn’t have parental responsibility.

I would do it by letter and copy in the court, stating in the letter that the existing court order states your child is to stay with either her or his grandmother, if that isn’t happening due to her work commitments, and he is to be left with her boyfriend whom he hardly knows, then you will not be making him available for contact that weekend. Also state that you would be amenable to offering her alternate contact time, if she wishes to discuss that with you.

You’re going to court anyway, you’re not happy that he will be left with someone else who you don’t know. I really don’t think there will be repercussions, especially as you are offering alternative arrangements.

DadTalk Moderator...

• Page: