• Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Bits & Bobs

Bits & Bobs 5 years 4 months ago #36634

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while - I hope things are getting better for you lot.

So things are different from what they once were. Things are relatively calm, however still very fragile at the moment. I am a little muddled at the moment. I have come to accept that I simply will not get what I want in regards to my boy, this I do with a heavy heart and yet remain resolute that when i do see him he has a great time, it has allowed me to move on and begin to grow. My love for my son has not changed, whatever he does, whoever he becomes, he will always be my son, he just doesn't live with me.

The crux of the problem I am having at the moment is simply that every week he goes back his mother contacts me complaining about his behavior. The insinuations and subtle accusations that it is somehow my fault are making me very suspicious that there is something wrong with his life with her, almost always these incidents involve the school and other children. I think i need to contact the school without her there if i am honest - is this an OK thing to do? i haven't been able to go his parents evenings because i have not been told when they are and i don't even know if she has put my name as next of kin - despite me being on his birth cert.

If there is nothing wrong with his life with her then the only other plausible explanation is that she is lying, but i don't understand why she would do that - she has nothing to gain.

He is naughty with me at least once during the time i have him, he gets told off and that is usually the end of it.

I'm just really confused, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Vaz Cotta.

Re: Bits & Bobs 5 years 4 months ago #36655

  • Mojo
  • Mojo's Avatar
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 7847
  • Thank you received: 1645
As you have PR you are within your right to contact the school and ask for progress reports. I would contact the school and ask to go in for a chat, if they refuse just tell them you have PR, they may want to see proof of this in the form of a copy of the birth certificate but once this has been done they are legally obliged to discuss your son with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vaz Cotta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Re: Bits & Bobs 5 years 4 months ago #36736

  • actd
  • actd's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 10487
  • Thank you received: 1576
To add to Mojo's comments, to be honest, if the mother isn't taking a great deal of interest in your son's behaviour at school, the school will probably welcome your contact with open arms as it means that they aren't then left as the only ones trying to tackle any issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1