TOPIC: Buying and fitting a new bathroom

Buying and fitting a new bathroom 6 years 3 months ago #42341

• geek84
  • geek84's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Folks

I am thinking of having my old bathroom replaced with a new one. I want my bath, shower, toilet, wash basin, and wall tiles to be replaced.
Would it be a good idea to get a bathroom fitter to buy all the above items and fit them himself or shall I buy the stuff myself and get the fitter to fit the items? The first option certainly seems a lot easier, but I don’t want to pay huge prices and get ripped off by the fitter!!
If I decide to take the 2nd option, then how do I go about measuring the bath, shower, toilet, and wash basin? What things would I need to consider when deciding on the items to buy?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying and fitting a new bathroom 6 years 3 months ago #42375

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1725
Not a clue on this - personally, I would get a fitter by recommendation from others you know who have had work done. He can probably get the same items you would get at trade price and charge you what you'd pay if you bought them yourself (that's part of his profit, which is fair enough) - but you can always price up the stuff yourself, and tell him what you want, and if he can match it, then he can get it for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: