• Page:

TOPIC: BBC News - McKenzie Friends

BBC News - McKenzie Friends 4 years 11 months ago #56809

• 1626's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 303
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29883819

Interesting article for anyone considering using an MF.... It's fairly balanced I would say.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mum and Step Mum, supporting my partner through the Family Court maze. I feel passionately about children having a right to a relationship with both parents and am currently in training to be an MF.

BBC News - McKenzie Friends 4 years 11 months ago #56811

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
......apart from ' a dingy function room with a broken door', makes it sound a little seedy :D

Mum and Step Mum, supporting my partner through the Family Court maze. I feel passionately about children having a right to a relationship with both parents and am currently in training to be an MF.

BBC News - McKenzie Friends 4 years 11 months ago #56912

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1654
Didn't know the history - that's interesting.

I think it is very fair - though I think it should be at least lightly regulated - I don't think it needs to be expensive to do so, and it would mean that there would be a register of qualified people.

BBC News - McKenzie Friends 4 years 11 months ago #56929

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I completely agree with you actd. I've been training with an MF for a few months now and am just starting to work with Dads on a voluntary basis. It's not surprising to hear some of the negatives about MF's when you hear some people's experiences of them! I would welcome regulation with open arms as would most decent MF's I've come in contact with. A lot don't bother to undertake any training or qualifications and it's worrying the damage they can do. Regulation would also hopefully mean that Mf's could then get indemnity insurance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: actd

BBC News - McKenzie Friends 4 years 8 months ago #59687

I think it should be at least lightly regulated

**SignaturE**
  • Page: