• Page:

TOPIC: BBC Fatherhood season

BBC Fatherhood season 9 years 6 months ago #4260

• mags
  • mags's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The BBC are soon to start a series of documentaries on BBC four celebrating all aspects of fatherhood. have a look here

The first instalment reveals the extraordinary biological changes that occur in fathers and helping to explain why they play such a vital role in raising a family.

How has becoming a dad changed you ?

Mags

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mags
DadTalk moderator

To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while. ~Josh Billings

Re: BBC Fatherhood season 9 years 6 months ago #4269

Oh come on...!!!
I just sat down with my stir-fry and wanted to watch this..... and it isn't there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Father hoood massively affected me. My 3 naturally fathered children are in their mid to late twenties now...
This is me looking back at the dim and distant past:
- When my wife gave birth I wasn't really sure that he looked lovely, but I said he did. Later, taking photos, I realised he was.
- I gave up on the idea of sleeping... I thought he was alseep and immediately put him down... he screamed the place down so i picked him up and didn't get much sleep.
- I went to work and sort of wanted to be home with the tiddlers. They didn't do much but I felt 'massive' just holding him or her.
- After pooing on our 3 day old setee I soon realised that material things just don't matter. In fact I really enjoy looking back at the small things which were funny or didn't go as planned.
- I struggled with wanting more of my wife's attention and really wasn't facing up to the reality .
- Every film film I developed (yes, I had to wait to get photos) I was eager to see the little one.
- I went to work and was sometimes thinking so much of 'baby' that I really couldn't give 100% to my work... if ill or not sleeping I would be thinking of that. Phoning my mrs a couple of times a day.

I kept struggling with the thing of wanting my wife's attention but also being realistic that she was knakkered and didn't have any extra energy or space for me.

And all these years later, in hindsight, I look back and the best years of my life so far are those when my children were growing up.
/orange

Re: BBC Fatherhood season 9 years 4 months ago #4980

OoH ooh,
i see there is an episode of this on tonight!!!
9pm BBC4 "Biology of Dads"

Will be interesting to see what its like.
/orange

Re: BBC Fatherhood season 9 years 4 months ago #4982

Will try and watch that on the catch up service.

Mr Orange your synopsis on your view of Fatherhood, really resonates with me, although I am still going through the "best years of my life" trying to make the most of it, as it does go so fast....

Re: BBC Fatherhood season 9 years 4 months ago #4986

• mags
  • mags's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
At last this season of programmes has arrived, the first being The biology of dads try and catch up on BBC Four.

Let us know what you think

Mags

Mags
DadTalk moderator

To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while. ~Josh Billings

Re: BBC Fatherhood season 9 years 4 months ago #4990

ooh...
it can also be downloaded with their iPlayer
[url:39lvmkcm] www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rvv6t/Biology_of_Dads/ [/url]

aha...
and there's another part of the fatherhood season on downolad: The Good Father
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00swhjq

/orange

• Page: