I am looking for some advise on the phased reopening of schools.
I have a daughter in Reception who is potentially eligible to return to school 1st June. Despite attempting multiple time to discuss the situation with my ex partner, she has refused to engage with me and has gone ahead and advised the school that she will be returning.
We share care of our daughter but dont have any formal agreement in place. I personally believe it is too soon for the children to return and know that the school head teacher and governors feel the same way.
She would nly be offered 2 days a week, be in class room she is not used to, with children not previously in her class and is likely to only attend 8 days before again breaking up for summer holidays.
Can anyone offer any advise on where I stand legally in terms of challenging my exes decision to not involve me in the decision and what I could do to challenge this if I need to.
Unfortunately I feel (right or wrong) its ultimately the primary carers decision because even if you disagree there is nothing that stops your ex taking your child to school or if you wanted your child to go back again there's nothing that stops your ex holding them off school.
Even though you have PR (assumably) legally you should have a say in education etc but realistically how can you control this? Which is why it's such a difficult decision.
My partner also disagreed with his ex's decision regarding schooling but the mother has continued to do what she feels is best. He chose not to battle this as in our situation you've got to pick and choose the battles!
Good luck and interested to know if you find the legal answer!