• Page:

TOPIC: My girlfriend is 14 weeks pregnant and is now saying she has broken up with me

My girlfriend is 14 weeks pregnant and is now saying she has broken up with me 1 week 8 hours ago #102283

• luke10
  • luke10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was so happy to be told I was going to be a Dad by my girlfriend even though we hadn't been together that long. She blows hot and cold and can be very nasty with her words.. This weekend she wanted to give us another try, we had a great weekend but again she has told me she is moving on!
She has in the past told me that my bump is not going to have my surname and this really cuts into me.

I really wanted to start a beautiful little family but she is taking it all away from me, all the joy I should be feeling right now is being destroyed and I feel helpless and most of the time I feel like ending it all.

What can I do in preparation for any legal situations that arise? I want to be a good dad and be there 100% for my child. Can she stop me from being a daddy? How do I get to see scans? Im feeling so alone with it all.

Please help me:dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My girlfriend is 14 weeks pregnant and is now saying she has broken up with me 1 week 6 hours ago #102286

Hi Luke

Sorry to hear your troubles. I assume you are not married at the moment then? Being married does allow you parental responsibility and also if you are named on the birth certificate. I am not sure what the processes are in terms of gaining contact if you are not married or on the birth certificate.

Explain that no matter what happens between you and the ex, you want to be involved with the childs up bringing. Hopefully she will allow contact regardless of your relationship.

My girlfriend is 14 weeks pregnant and is now saying she has broken up with me 1 week 6 hours ago #102287

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 439
Legally, there's nothing you can do or be involved with, until the child arrives. That is of course unless the mother changes her mind and agrees.

Pregnancy hormones can do funny things. Give her some space and then ask to talk sensibly at a later date?

You could suggest Relate or possibly mediation if you think having a 3rd party involved might help.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
  • Page: