TOPIC: Non Molestation / Prohibited Steps order

Non Molestation / Prohibited Steps order 2 months 2 weeks ago #97680

Hi all,

I was served papers via court knocking on door for emergency non mol order and contested. My contest could prove 52 lies of statement and other incidents to which a hearing would be set. 3 months elapsed with one allegation of breach, arrest and no charge because it was malicious, then when i attend court for hearing, judge asks for agreement to undertake, which i agree to stop the issue. In the meantime ex now has an undertaking but he kept the non mol on me. Is this right? Shouldnt undertaking be both ways? Or am i seriously missing somesort of legal loop hole here?. It seems odd to me.... any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Non Molestation / Prohibited Steps order 2 months 2 weeks ago #97682

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1690
Without knowing more, it would appear that it wasn't a cross undertaking, which means the undertaking would be applied to both parties. You could try writing to the court to explain that you thought you were agreeing to a cross undertaking and can't understand why it only goes one way.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.

Non Molestation / Prohibited Steps order 2 months 1 week ago #97719

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 408
If you think they have made a mistake, you can obtain a transcript of the hearing which would clear that up!

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Non Molestation / Prohibited Steps order 2 months 1 week ago #97737

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1690
... just to mention, you would have to pay if you wanted a transcript of the hearing, I would try writing to the court as a first step and if you’re still not satisfied, you can think about what next steps you can take.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!