• Page:

TOPIC: oops i did it again!!!!

oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6455

Just found out an hour ago that my wife is pregnant again :o lol: already, well, now i am really scared, excited, exstatic, "bricking it".
Money has been tight anyway, i have an full time job and am trying to setup a business as well.

My concerns are: I don't want to miss or forget anything about bringing in a second child, and, want to try and sort out the financials to make things as easy as possible.

answers on a postcard (or just reply).

thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6467

Hi there,

Congratulations!!! I can imagine it must be a bit of a shock and it's natural that you are going to worry about how you will manage financially, managing your time etc but it will all work out fine I'm sure. However you weigh things up there's never a 'right' time to have a second baby. Ask any mum and she'll tell you that life is certainly very challenging with two children, whatever the age gap. And once your second baby comes along you'll find it hard to remember what life was like with one! Life goes on, as they say… and we all get carried along with it, however hard we struggle against the tide. In my experience things always work out some way or another!

I hope this helps!

mikey
DadTalk Moderator

Re: oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6468

awesome Mikey,

this is the sort of thing i tell my wife, but it is nice when you hear it from someone else.

Cant wait and am looking forward to telling everyone.

go to go, she is demanding dinner (meatballs without a glass of wine :cry: )

Re: oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6485

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1704
(belated) congratulations to you both :D

Re: oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6516

Awesome news! Congratulations!

We found out we were expecting back in April - completely shocked, and completely terrified. We had no jobs, no car, and were living with my husband's parents (we'd just moved back to the UK from two years in America). We've been amazed at how things have come together since then - they do seem to have a way of working out. We've got jobs, a car, and a flat now, and nearly everything we need for the baby.

You can read my husband Simon's account of our journey (including his very unhelpful freak-out upon hearing the news) here: [url:1jvwx0nq] www.dadtalk.co.uk/blog-wednesday/blog [/url]

HoodWink
DadTalk Editor

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone

Re: oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6518

• mags
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow you will have your hands full :D Big congratulations

As Mikey said there is always a way of coping, emotionally, physically and financially.

I think back to when I was a single parent, not earning very much and wondering where the next meal was going to come from - let alone the next pack of nappies - BUT I did and so will you.

Keep us updated

mags

Mags
DadTalk moderator

To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while. ~Josh Billings

Re: oops i did it again!!!! 9 years 4 months ago #6594

Hi Proud_dad101

Congrats dude - we had our second one14 months after our 1st and have survived! It actually helped having them so close. I have 2 boys and folk often think they're twins. I think cost wise having 2 boys helped as we could hand down clothes and share toys etc.

Anyway enjoy the ride mate.. :D

• Page: