• Page:

TOPIC: Mothers Day

Mothers Day 11 years 4 months ago #839

So this sunday is Mothers Day any good ideas outside of flowers, choc etc ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Mothers Day 11 years 4 months ago #840

Sometimes the shop obsessions with these "special" days goes to far - I've mentally blanked out all the marketing.... as a consequence it is a bit surprising to hear that it is this sunday.... :o

Re: Mothers Day 11 years 4 months ago #841

Unfortunately, just remebering to call on the day is quite a shock to my mother :( ....

Re: Mothers Day 11 years 4 months ago #842

Breakfast in bed, and a nice family dinner..... Simple and not so expensive....

I find women, never get bored of flowers... esp if you find their 'favorite' flowers.... My wife loves lillys

Ron

Still holding out hope for the quadruple :)

You might win a match, but you can't match our wins!

United forever!!

Re: Mothers Day 11 years 4 months ago #843

Yeah actually batman you've hit on something - the stressful bit of mothers day is balancing ALL the mothers expectations.....

My mum expects X, her mum Y and then she is also a mum Z....

I always find that pressure to see all the mothers, when actually sometimes it can be the last thing you want to do...

You might win a match, but you can't match our wins!

United forever!!

Re: Mothers Day 11 years 4 months ago #846

Ronaldo wrote: Yeah actually batman you've hit on something - the stressful bit of mothers day is balancing ALL the mothers expectations.....

My mum expects X, her mum Y and then she is also a mum Z....

Call me old fashioned, but I mainly aim to make sure I give my mother something on mother's day, plus prompt / help out the kids to make sure they get my wife something. (This year seems much easier, as school / clubs all seem to be doing it, so my wife will be drowned in a deluge of hand-made cards and gifts in small paper bags). Isn't it enough for a man to be able to come up with something for birthday, valentines day, wedding anniversary, Christmas, etc etc :roll:

• Page: