• Page:

TOPIC: To the part time dads

To the part time dads 6 days 3 hours ago #102333

• Bill337
  • Bill337's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

To the part time dads 6 days 46 minutes ago #102345

Re; the post of the clip titled "To the part time dads."

Portrays one mans' opinion directed at part-time fathers.
At the end of the clip he says, quote, "the next time you're sitting there and you're feeling upset and you're struggling just think about them [the mother] you've really got the easy end of the job."

Part-time fathers have, quote, "really got the easy end of the job." REALLY? Or is the statement POPPYCOCK?

Last Edit: by MotherofaFather.

To the part time dads 5 days 23 hours ago #102346

• Toks
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I think the guy in the video is trying to be helpful and put a 'positive spin' on a difficult situation many separated dads find themselves having to endure, but in many ways his views uphold a lot of old-fashioned notions. Many fathers see and have reduced or minimal interaction with their children not by choice, but because the mothers have imposed this limitation on them. Even when I only saw my son once a week because of the limitations placed by his mum, I never considered myself 'part-time' (though it was a description she used) because he was in my thoughts every single day of the week. I never ever considered myself his 'baby-sitter' either, regardless of his mother's use of that terminology. Nurturing a child, whether in good health or in bad, is part and parcel of involved parenting, not something to be thankful to avoid when inconvenient.

To the part time dads 5 days 11 hours ago #102354

• Bill337
  • Bill337's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
i think its good advice for someone like me.few months after getting an order, and moaning for extra time with kids.
and i don't think about the hard work involved in getting kids ready for school every day etc, and they start acting up at breakfast time :)

• Page: