• Page:

TOPIC: Fighting for contact

Fighting for contact 7 years 4 months ago #18263

• nick
  • nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hi sprigchicken , i have a 6 month old son i can not see and the social r involved ,, which have don nothing but make it harder ,, if i was any good on pcs i would go into it more ,, but righting is not my best asset ,, thanks nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18486

So what have you done so far?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nick

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18500

• nick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
i have just been to meadashion , to get legal aide ,, i sore r son 1s 2 months ago in a contacted center all went well , but then my ex stopped it so have not seen him for 2 months now,,,

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18503

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1583
Did you come to any agreement at mediation Nick? Or are you waiting for the legal aid to be granted?

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18865

• nick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
i turned up but my ex did not ,, so just waiting ,, for legal aide now ,not shore how long it takes ,,, and still not seen my son,, thanks nick

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18871

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
...Hang on in there Nick... once you have legal aid you'll be able to go to court for contact with your son. I know all the waiting is hard, but it will be worth it in the end, and once you have your son in your arms once more, all the pain and unhappiness of your seperation will just melt away.

I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18873

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1697
Nick, have a read of yoji's guide to representing yourself at the top of this legal section, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't start the ball rolling yourself if you feel up to it, and if nothing else, you can start preparing everything you need ready for when you see a solicitor.

Are you able to say what the Social Services involvement is about? It might be something we can ask the Family Rights Group to comment on.

Re: hi 7 years 3 months ago #18914

• nick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks nannyjane ,, thats the first time i have read ant think thats made me shed a tear,, but i no your right ,, thanks nick

Re: Fighting for contact 7 years 3 months ago #18919

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
...You're very welcome Nick, its a priviledge to be able to help where I can, although I didnt mean to upset you.

Just remember, anything you need help with, or you're not sure about, or you just want to sound off about... we're here for you, to listen and to help where we can.

Take care.

Re: Fighting for contact 7 years 3 months ago #19001

• nick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
hi basszebra ,, hope to have the forms this week ,, and my brief is filling them in for me ,, so hope she gets them right the first time ,, but not going to b in court till next year ,, early i hope ,, but my ex is doing all she can to slow me up ,, good luck in court mate ,, cheers nick

Re: Fighting for contact 7 years 3 months ago #19015

I had a similar issue with my application for legal aid. It took just over 6 months for my certificate to come through and this was despite being in regular contact with the Legal Services Commision trying to chase it up. If you have been self employed or the director of a company they seem to put you under imense scrutiny.

The obvious advantage to legal aid is the financial support, but a lot of people don't realise that what you gain in subsidy you lose in time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: basszebra

I've been where you are now. I'm here to share my experience and to support you through yours. I am not qualified in family law, or other areas of family matters. Any opinions I give are my own and any advice should be checked before acting on it.

Re: Fighting for contact 7 years 3 months ago #19119

• nick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
singing forms tomorrow for legal aide ,, and social are giving me a set of work sheets to do my parting course , as i will not talk to them with out recording it ,, which they don't seam to like ,, lol ,, good ,, so if you want to read the work sheets and think it mite help you i will try and scan and email them to you ,, cheers nick , ps i will tell you what brief says tomorrow ,,

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes