TOPIC: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate

Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21441

• mikkey
  • mikkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have 2 girls . one and three , i caught my partner cheating last christmas when the kids were younger than they are presently , i reacted violently towards the new partner . i was jailed at the age of 41 . never been nicked before for anything , got a 28 month sentence at Belmarsh HMP , got released on HDC a few weeks ago , also got a restraining order against me , have to go through solicitors to see my girls , not having it . Can i remove myself fron my kids birth certificates as i will never make any effort to see them again !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by mikkey. Reason: spelling error

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21446

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1583
Hi and welcome :)

I understand how you must be feeling., you've had a traumatizing experience that will have left some deep scars. As you've only just been released, I would urge you to take some time out and get your life back on track before making any final decisions.

Its very difficult to get removed from a childs birth certificate, and it's a question that's been asked on here before....the Dad that has asked it, has changed his mind a couple of times since....

You dont necessarily need a solicitor to gain access to you girls you know, you can represent yourself. Granted it may take some time and you would probably be required to attend supervised contact at first, but it is doable.

The consequences of walking away from your girls will affect them in the future, not having their Daddy around will pose its own problems for them as they get older. Your ex would most likely be happier for you to walk away, and if anything that would make me more determined to have a good relationship with my children....there are no winners here though.

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21458

• mikkey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello there Nannyjane , thanks for the reply , your correct in everything you say , i detest this woman and her family , she lied about my offence , saying my newborn baby who was a few months old was playing on the floor while i was fighting with this guy , a total lie , this guy i found out has Depot injections to treat Schzoprenia , she is bi polar too , jesus i love my girls but i cannot go through any more crap . I was in probably the hardest and harshest jail in britain over her , and finally when my first daughter was 6 months old she stopped me from seeing her , blaming post natal depression . i took her through the courts to get access . Now this , and this happened 2 days before xmas , with her saying she no longer wanted to be with me , little did i know she was seeing somebody behind my back !! I need closure , i had children with a monster !!
Its done . she has deprived my daughters of a dad because i have had enough !

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21460

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1583
I do feel your pain Mikkey... I just think you should give yourself time to heal before making such life changing decisions. Life changing not just for you, but for your two little girls too.... Dont let your ex deprive you of the love of your children, they need you to fight for them.

My Dad was my world and I cant imagine my life without him having been in it. Theres a lovely lady here whos Dad wasnt around, they were kept apart and it affected her terribly....She found him again though, and they were able to have a lovely relationship until he was sadly taken from her once again... I'm sure she will be along to tell you about it.

Believe me, you might not feel strong enough now, but you will feel better and I hope differently in time. It really does help to talk and we are here to listen. :)

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21463

• ak57
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 128
(Thanks Nannyjane !!)

Hi Mikkey, welcome to the forum, you can come on hear and rant away and get great advise. Were you living with your partner when she cheated as you refer to him as her new partner ?
Please do not give up on your girls it will effect them for the rest of there lifes and trust me they need there Daddy. Im sorry you were put in prison it must have been one hell of a scrap, take it you won ! Right now you are angry and please take some time out, sort your life out and when you feel calmer think about making plans. If you decide not to see your girls I cant see what difference it would make taking your name off the birth certificates. The birth certificates belong to your daughters and are there so they know where they came from. i love seeing my dads name on mine . You will still have to support your daughters . Are you looking for work. Have you got support from the prison service, a probation officer ? they may be able to help you see your girls your girls cant fight to see you but you can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikkey

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21464

• mikkey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Nannyjane . yes the pain is horrendous , i was suicidal when i got arrested , i lost everything i was on the floor . Prison made me pull myself together . My true sentence has started now on the out , i never wanted this at all . all i wanted was to be a dad to my kids, this woman has destroyed that , i wouldnt put my worst enemy through what ive gone through . Im full of hate and it isnt good. My own dad has been superb and Belmarsh prison come out with a lot of credit . a lot of prisoners had sympathy for me and some staff alike ... im strong now and i feel i just want to walk away im quite adamant sorry to say . I appreciate your kind words Nannyjane .

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21468

• mikkey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you ak57 . yes i was living with her and yes it was a scrap . the guy lost two thirds of one of his ears . not a proud moment for me .. yes i won the fight but not the battle. Your correct in everything you say and thank you . Furthermore my probation officer has been very supportive concerning seeing my kids . Everybody has its just me and how i feel sorry to say . but im glad i found this site .

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21469

hi im in the same boat been through hell with ex and was done for att murder, im gonna get my parental responsibility removed and no contact order, im going to trick ex and apply for court order for contact then when it gets to social service reports and cafcass im just going to threaten them and appear very violent, that will get a no contact order then i will say im very stressed and fear mental illness and will be very violent if pr is not removed, it should work then i got my life back

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21471

• mikkey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Lee you and me both .... i get you totally what can i say ? so many men in similar situations . i was away with many high profile people and a good few wiped out their women full stop , some awaiting trial some doing 25s or more. some less . Prisons all over the nation is full of men who are there through women its shocking . good luck mate .

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certificate 7 years 2 months ago #21472

i know pr and birth c is only paper but people need to under stand to guys like us it means closure. . . the end. and violence towards ss and cafcass will do the job ;-)

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certifi 7 years 2 months ago #21489

but i know you wouldnt swap ex's lol and if you would i wouldnt let ya or put it on ya only i can handle that **** lol, on a serious point it has got a lot easier over the months and when it becomes years i will think about him. but not every day thats for sure.

Re: Can i remove myself from my kids birth certifi 7 years 2 months ago #21495

i gotta have closure from such a bad event, good side is ive meet someone whos a right fity, thats karma lol

Moderators: Samantha Downes