Free online course for separated parents
My wife is trying t...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] My wife is trying to force me to leave family home

(@walls18)
Active Member Registered

My wife asked me to leave family home we have 3 children all school aged and do not know who to goto to get help with what to do for sake of children

Topic starter Posted : 21/11/2012 8:45 am
(@Ivan Dobski)
Reputable Member Registered

Dont leave and take legal advice if you leave then she can claim the house sleep downstairs or in the bedroom but dont go anywhere as it will be classed as you've left the materimonal home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2012 1:00 pm

(@basszebra)
New Member Registered

[censored] no mr dobski! do what my boss did make your wife sleep in spare room after all who paid for the house and bed.
but the meatsavemurderer is right do not move out of that house she could heavily restrict your contact with your kids if you do. remember this woman is clearly extremely pissed at you and potentially very spitefull do not under estimate her power over you. men and fathers have very little rights compared to these women. they are like highly volitile chemicals and must be handled with extreme care.
good luck and do not cave into her demands.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2012 5:01 am
(@Darren)
Noble Member Registered

Hi There,

What I would say is before you do anything you should talk and find out the reasons for her asking you too leave, (you may already know this though) but try to see if there is any way to resolve the issues, maybe through relate or councilling. I would be trying my hardest to see if I could make the relationship work first before just moving out.

If you have gotten to the end of the road then there is a lot to discuss, moving to a spare room or sofa (yourself) will show you are prepaired to be civil, and I would stay that way up until the point that she shows she doesn't want to be, you haven't said she is being that way at the moment so hopefully she isn't.

Try and maybe get the children to the grand perant for the weekend to give the 2 of you some space to either make up or break up without them seeing the impact.

My biggest advice though is always act in a way that means you can hold your head up and think "I have acted in the right way" you will make mistakes along the way but don't be afraid to back track, the most important thing here ISN'T what you or your wife win or loose, but what impact the argueing will have on your children.

Darren

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2012 1:05 pm

how contact centres work

(@Smurgel)
New Member Registered

Hi,

I went through exactly the same situation myself.

She gave me loads of grief, threatening me with fictitious legal action and saying that she would get the Met Police to remove me (interesting as I am nowhere near London). It was all a scam as she was simply trying to get me out and her new partner in. If I had moved out then matters would have become even more complicated.

I sought legal advice and they stated that I had dual right of occupancy.

In the end, she slept on the sofa, and then moved into the garage for a month after I had converted it for her (my cost yet again).

Then she finally moved out.

It wasn't all over though - I tried to be civil and let her keep her key, for emergencies, for the kids sake. She abused that trust by coming in whilst I was at work and clearing out what she could. Granted, what she took was mainly her or the kids stuff, but some was up for debate as "ours". After I called to complain she came back the next day and took more. Once bitten, twice shy - I changed the locks.

She then tried to blackmail me, via access to the kids, to give her other stuff - I even had to deliver it myself...

Rule 1: seek legal advice
Rule 2: do NOT move out
Rule 3: do NOT trust her. No matter how much you want to, or think that you can.

As Darren said though, try to take the moral high ground - don't give in the insults. Do try to be civil. Your friends and family, and new partner in my case, may think that you're being a doormat, but play the long game. It will make YOU look much better in court, when it gets that far.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2012 9:36 pm
(@dad-i-d)
Noble Member Registered

Make notes of any incident / argument / confrontation between you both. I’m not saying your ex is like mine or anyone else’s but….being prepared and having the notes may be the best thing you will ever do!
If it gets to the point where the mudslinging starts in court and she starts with the accusations and allegations then you’ll have the notes to back you up…..even better if she does it in front of anyone else!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2012 8:31 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@RichardKing)
Active Member Registered

What if she owns the house? I still have no where to go and desperately want to keep the relationship I have with my two children. The police are all too keen to remove me because they do not recognise my Home-rights. I have applied for non-molestation order against her changing the locks. I feel I'm fighting a loosing battle. Citizens advice website says a lot about your Home -rights but no one else seems to recognise that right. Do you think the court might? I just need more time to get my ducks in a row. Now the false accusations are rolling in. Any advice on how to handle myself. I've tried begging to no avail.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2016 5:56 am
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

I think it would be worth getting some professional legal advice if she owns the house. This thread is a few years old so may be worth starting another one and giving a bit more information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2016 4:10 am

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest