• Page:

TOPIC: got any advice on joint residence orders?

got any advice on joint residence orders? 6 years 3 months ago #24279

going thru mediation at present as im trying to get a joint residence order..i have to show why i should take my children from mum..or so it appears..not why mum should share with dad..ive kept to the contact arrangements for 12 years ,or should i say the minimum mum allows..A court order states mum must make available to dad on ....and any other reasonable occassions by agreement...to mum its dads allowed them on....and theres no other reasonables....anyone got any advice on joint residence orders?..proceedures,helpful hints etc...thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: got any advice on joint residence orders? 6 years 3 months ago #24395

Hi robbietorbay,

I have moved this into it's own thread as it was lost in the other one. Think you may get some more joy as it own thread.

gooner

My last day as DAD.info Community Manager was 1st April 15 - www.dad.info/forum/current-affairs-news-...ussion/43334-goodbye

Re: got any advice on joint residence orders? 6 years 3 months ago #24405

robbietorbay wrote:
..ive kept to the contact arrangements for 12 years

My daughters social worker said that I/we may have to do a residence order in my favour if our agreement does not work.

But if your residence order is shared care, then your ex can do as she pleases, but once your child is old enough to to decide - then your ex will not decide?

Just my two peneth, I am no expert.

Re: got any advice on joint residence orders? 6 years 3 months ago #24418

I have a shared residence order, but to be truthful they are not worth much more than a contact order if mum does not want to stick too it! Mine was only given to me after mum would not stick to several different contact orders and it was then at the recommendation of both CAFCASS and my solicitor that a shared residence order be put in place - worked for about 2 years, but it has now severely broke down.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes