Help writing a lett...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] Help writing a letter to ex for contact

(@steve182)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi

I want to write a proposal letter to my ex regarding contact, i think it should be kept short but very clear about what im asking for but dont know how to put this into writing so it sounds like a legal letter and not a formal letter as such, there are no generic templates on here or that other seperate dads site, so wondered if anyone could give me some pointers?
much appreciated

steve

Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2013 3:43 pm
(@chriskids)

hi how are things with ex when did u last see kids how long ago did u splitt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2013 3:53 pm

Nannyjane
(@Nannyjane)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi Steve 🙂

If writing to your ex, it doesnt need to contain any legal jargon, just be clear and to the point.

Dear --------

I am writing to you to request that we put in place a plan for regular and defined contact with (name of child/children)

I would like to propose ( outlines days and times here) ...(and give options for where to pick up and drop off)....I would be happy to pick them up from your house but if you have another preference, I would be flexible on this

I hope this meets with your approval. If there's anything you would like to discuss, or any amendments that you would like to make, then please contact me so that we can reach an agreement that works for both of us. If you are happy with the dates and times I have put forward then I would like to start contact as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and hopefully your agreement on a way forward that will be in the best interests of all concerned.

Yours sincerely

...Is this the kind of tone you wish to put across? Hope this helps 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2013 4:24 pm
sparky68 and sparky68 reacted
sparky68
(@sparky68)
Active Member Registered

I would like to thank nannyjane for this template I've just had to write a letter and this has kept me on the right track, thankyou very much ur a star x

Hi Steve 🙂

If writing to your ex, it doesnt need to contain any legal jargon, just be clear and to the point.

Dear --------

I am writing to you to request that we put in place a plan for regular and defined contact with (name of child/children)

I would like to propose ( outlines days and times here) ...(and give options for where to pick up and drop off)....I would be happy to pick them up from your house but if you have another preference, I would be flexible on this

I hope this meets with your approval. If there's anything you would like to discuss, or any amendments that you would like to make, then please contact me so that we can reach an agreement that works for both of us. If you are happy with the dates and times I have put forward then I would like to start contact as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and hopefully your agreement on a way forward that will be in the best interests of all concerned.

Yours sincerely

...Is this the kind of tone you wish to put across? Hope this helps 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 5:55 pm
Nannyjane and Nannyjane reacted

top tips to support your child after breakup

actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

Yes, she is 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2013 11:03 pm
Nannyjane and Nannyjane reacted
(@steve182)

Apologies for only just reading these excellent replies, thank you very much for the advice, its very much appreciated!
regards
steve

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/05/2013 11:24 pm

how contact centres work

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest